The Lebanon-Laclede County Route 66 Society honored Orchard Hills Package Store for 75 years on Route 66 during Saturday night's Route 66 Festival finale at the Munger Moss Motel.
Owners Woody and Veronica Carpenter accepted a plaque from Route 66 Society Vice President Mike Boggs after board member Gary Sosniecki read a brief history of the business:
"Orchard Hills Package Store was founded by Dean Elmore in 1946. Its original location was on Route 66 east of today’s Crow Paint and Glass. In 1971 it moved to the former Phillips 66 station at Route 66 and Washington, where it remains today. Dean Elmore operated Orchard Hills for 57 years. For the past five years, the owners have been Woody and Veronica Carpenter. Today, the Lebanon-Laclede County Route 66 Society salutes Orchard Hills Package Store for its 75th anniversary on Route 66."